Reading, Writing & Re-writing.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009


Getting my first car was most definitely long over due. I waited so many years for this and I think it stressed me out. It may have even hurt me. Driving by myself for the first time was a healing experience and it will be healing over the next 6 months.

For years I felt trapped and lower then the common person who could drive and have their own car. I wasn't able to go where I needed and I don't think many people understood how big of a barrier it was for me.

Life is good... thank you God, Buddha, Higher Power, No Power, This Power, That Power or what ever it was that granted me one of my deepest wishes.


I owe a lot to my friend Ben who helped me find the right car for the right price. He spent 2 days helping me and this was the fourth car that he checked. He valued each car by checking their breaks, exterior, interior, engines and transmissions. Had he not been there, I would have never been able to negotiate for a lower price and I may have even bought the first car I looked at. I'm clueless when it comes to cars. Thanks Ben! I'm happy with the car I bought. 

I love it!!!!!! 2001 Crown Victoria with 90,000 miles in good condition for $3,000!!

'

2 comments:

  1. Hey man, looks like you had a great trip to peurto rico. I still have not been to the Carribean but plan to at some point. hope everything is going well, I am interning at my uncles online bond trading platform right now which is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. It was my first time visiting a foreign country. Now, less than 8 years later I have lived in the Philippines for 7 years. I still need to travel to the nicer places of the Philippines and Asia to enjoy some of the finer things in life.

      P.S. My wife laughed that it took me 7 years to reply. I wasn't very prompt lol.

      Delete